Monday, June 20, 2016

Eating with your Eyes



One topic of baking I would like to talk about for a little bit is the idea of decoration and finishing off desserts and treats to make them more appealing to the eye. People often say you eat with your eyes first.  If you are making a dessert for an occasion, it would be a good idea to add some sort of decoration to the treat.  This can be as simple as adding sprinkles to cookies, a frosting pattern to cupcakes or cakes, or even making decorations to set on top of the dessert.  One blog post I came across was on the BakingObsession blog. The post was titled Chocolate Plastic Roses. I believe that this is a great idea to help spruce up any dessert and make it more appealing to the eyes. The post is written in a tutorial style which is very beneficial to the viewer. It gives step by step directions so that anyone, even an amateur baker can create these chocolate plastic roses. Not only does this post give step by step directions, but it also provides pictures with every step and the instructions are very well written and detailed enough so that anyone will be able to follow the recipe.  All in all I found this post to be very beneficial when I was starting out learning how to create different decorations, so I wanted to share this post with you in hopes that you will find it to be as valuable as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment